Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Job Location: 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver BC V6T 2B5, Canada
Start date: ASAP
Primary Peptides Inc. is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating new therapeutics via protein manipulation. We are currently developing novel peptide therapeutics with an initial focus in Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), Oncology and Neurodegeneration.
Dr. Max Cynader is a renowned professor at the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, UBC. He is the Founding Director of the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health at UBC. He has received many awards and has founded four successful companies. Click here to learn more about Dr. Cynader.
Primary Peptides Inc is working with Dr. Max Cynader at UBC to hire 2 postdoc scientists to work on collaboration projects in the areas of cardiovascular diseases, oncology and neurodegeneration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research projects with minimal guidance from the supervisor
- Literature search, experiment planning and data analysis
- Design peptide candidates and test in both in vitro and in vivo disease models
- Report to the supervisor on a weekly basis
- PhD degree with expertise in cellular/molecular biology
- Experience in biological experiments, assays, and cell culture
- Self-directed, requiring only strategic guidance
- Teamwork oriented, and interested in working in a multicultural and cross-functional environment
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.